Friday, July 11, 2008

Poison ivy comes a'creepin

So I broke down and went to the doctor. I had been researching my "condition" on the internet....a little information in the minds of the ignorant (that would be me) can be a dangerous thing. I was convinced that I had a staph infection spreading through my body.

So the doctor confirmed that it was, after all, poison ivy. His nurse said her sister had the same reaction and had a really hard time getting rid of it.

I said, "Thanks a lot."

So armed with a week long methylprednosolone treatment, azithromycin and Kenalog cream, I am showing some improvement.

My Flock Master and Flock Mother were over for dinner last night and I asked if they could show me where the poison ivy was lurking in my garden. No luck. They couldn't find any! Either I was very thorough in my weeding or it is still creeping around somewhere ele. That has me worried.

And then, the icing on the cake. As I was minding my own business, washing the barbecue in preparation for dinner, a yellowjacket gave me a nasty sting on my left arm just above my wrist! What did I ever do to him! Typical of my experiences this spring and summer, tweleve hours after the sting, the area is now inflammed and bubbly and spreading from a tiny sting spot to a rash 1.5" x 2.75" - what is going on here!? What message is Mother Nature trying to send me??

No comments: