Monday, July 21, 2008

Rambling Observations of a Foodie

 
Let me just say at the start that I am not a gourmet cook. I love to cook. I love to read about food. I love to eat and I love to watch the Food Network. In fact, I think I may have a small addiction problem with watching cooking shows.
 
I love Iron Chef America. Did anyone see what they did with zucchini last night? Amazing! It's incredible what they can do in only one hour. Bobby Flay's Throwdown is another favorite; it has shown a humble side of Bobby that is very appealing. The Barefoot Contessa can always provide great recipes although I usually cut back on the butter, cream and $$$ ingredients. Her Easy Lobster Paella is just as good without the lobster!
 
I'm hooked on The Next Food Network Star too, but let's be fair! They make those people jump through hoops of fire! Bobby Flay has two sous chefs to help him with a throwdown. The contestants not only had to prepare their own dish but also a second dish that their competitor selected....alone, without any help. And have you seen the early shows of Emeril, Molto Mario and Giada? Nothing like the polished performers they are today. They were allowed to hone their skills as they filmed their shows but the NFNS people are expected to be sensational from the get go. Still there are new shows popping up, unjudged by the Network panel. Who is Aida? Where did Sunny come from?
 
And speaking of Giada.....I love her recipes and she is beautiful, but would somebody please put some clothes on that woman!? Do her producers actually think guys are looking at her food?
 
Just my observations.........

No comments: