Friday, September 12, 2008

Flashback Friday

 
I stumbled upon a treasure trove of family photos this week and I'll be sharing them every Friday in the weeks to come.
 
My mother's birthday was September 4th. She would have been 89. This first photo was taken in 1937 when she was 18, a senior at Hollywood High School.
 

 
The second photo is my mother in 1944 at age 25. Quite the transformation from high school senior to career woman! The Depression hit the family quite hard (my grandfather was a banker) and unable to afford college, my mother entered the work force in the typing pool of a major insurance company. She was promoted through the years and at this point in time was the executive secretary to the president.
 

 
She told me there was a "hairpiece" that she pinned under her hair to create that big roll on top. She was always fond of red lipstick and nail polish and I do remember those pearls!
 

4 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

That is amazing, the photos look like 2 totally different people! And your mother was absolutely stunning.

Mrs. Stam said...

What a pretty women!!!!

grammy said...

Very pretty lady. I love the old pics. My moms birthday was sept. 7th. She was born in 1918.

Tiffers said...

What a difference in pictures. STUNNINGLY beautiful mother!