Some random observations on 10 days with a son, daughter-in-law, 3 kids waiting for the birth of a new baby........
1. Old people CAN make the adjustment from a king size bed to a double bed pushed against the wall.
2. I can still sing "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,I'm the map.....in fact, I wish I could stop singing it already.
3. Kudos to my DIL for devising a morning hassle-free dressing system for her 5 year old. She organizes outfits on hangers then ties them together with a sign showing each day of the week. She plans the week's wardrobe in advance and keeps the outfits in a locked closet so there is no 5 year old reorganizing (genius!) Each morning the closet is opened for the appropriate day's outfit. There was nothing easier than getting Olivia dressed for school each morning!
4. Laundry! I'd forgotten how it doubles in volume every few hours, just like yeast bread!
5. They don't make car seats to accommodate a 3 year old wearing a "puffy" jacket.
6. Packing a gluten free lunch is a challenge but it sure makes for some interesting lunches!
7. A 3 year old boy can eat a bowl of cereal, a banana, an orange, yogurt, cheese, juice and pudding for breakfast and say that he is still hungry.
8. It is impossible for 3 kids between 10 and 3 to whisper (inside voices????)between 5:00am and 8:00 am so Grandpa can sleep.
9. Kids really do not like to have their hair brushed.
10. Balloons and stickers are Grandma's best friends.
11. Root veggie chips! Thank you Trader Joe! A new way to get veggies into Grandpa!
12. ANYTHING can be recycled into a craft. Just ask 5 year old Olivia.
13. Washers and dryers still eat socks.